NOTE: These original pages of the Find Mickey Now website have been saved as links in the resources section for those who are missing a loved one and may need guidance in starting their own search effort.
The monetary donations are going to into a fund for expenses that arise for the family due to the search effort, as well as expenses that directly arise from the search effort in Lafayette and surrounding areas (like fuel and helicopter costs). The CFA account is used solely for the overtime of police officers, and additional search resources. Absolutely all money remaining in any of the donation accounts will be donated to non-profit organizations upon the conclusion of our search efforts. I’d once again like to thank everyone for all the support they’ve given and we hope to be able to give some back very soon! – Charlene Shunick
Where Your Donations Go
Your donation will go towards supplying the daily, ongoing search effort. We still need funds to provide for the following:
- Fuel and supplies for ATV’s, boats, helicopters, and dog searches provided by individuals and non profit organizations that have graciously offered their time and resources.
- The incurred overtime hours our police force has diligently worked via the Community Foundation of Acadiana.
- Sustaining the long term investigation of our private investigator, who has emotionally invested his work with us for very little pay since day two.
- Should we find Mickey soon, any funds we’ve raised that were not used for the search effort will be donated to nonprofit organizations such as Equusearch and the Community Foundation of Acadiana.
From the Bottom of our Hearts, Thank You.
Donate In Person
Any and all donations are also being accepted at any Mid-South bank branch. Please make checks out to “Charlene Shunick” – currently, all donations are not tax-deductible, but are incredibly appreciated. Contact Kristen Kordecki for any further information at 337-323-9228. Thank you!
Donate to Supporting Nonprofits
If you want to help support the nonprofit organizations involved in the search efforts, visit their websites to donate or learn more about their organizations.
Donate Meals to Mickey’s Family
- full name
- contact phone number
- date you’d like to donate a meal
- which meal (lunch or dinner)
- description of the meal
For a listing of local events donating all or part of their proceeds to the search effort, please see the fundraisers page. Message email@example.com to have your event added. Again only E-Mail with event listings!