NOTE: These original pages of the Find Mickey Now website have been saved as links in the resources section for those who are missing a loved one and may need guidance in starting their own search effort.
We Need Volunteers to Post Flyers Urgently
Our #1 need right now is to get Mickey’s face posted up EVERYWHERE! Pick up flyers from the volunteer headquarters or print flyers at home or at work! If you don’t have access to a printer, find a local print shop and purchase prints there. Scroll to the bottom of this page to download and print flyers.
Adopt an Intersection
Another way to help get the word out is to adopt a busy intersection and post yard signs on each corner! Party Time Party Supplies has Mickey Shunick yard signs and when you order 4 yard signs for $20, Party Time will donate the entire amount back to the search fund! Order your signs by calling 337-593-9444 then stop by the volunteer headquarters and let us know which intersection you’re posting the signs to or tell us on Facebook which intersection you’ve adopted so we’ll know that area is taken care of! Post your signs at each corner so they’re visible to traveling cars.
Where to Post Flyers
Here are a few ideas on where to post flyers. Let us know on our Facebook event page where you’ve posted flyers, seen some posted by others, or areas that need new flyers or don’t have any at all.
- Parked cars
- Stop signs
- Bus stop signs
- Local businesses
- Urgent care centers, hospitals
- Coffee shops, grocery stores
- Gas stations, convenience stores
- Liquor Stores and Tobacco Stores
- Tattoo parlors
- Near bus stops
- Bus stations, taxi cab services
- Soup Kitchens and Shelters
- Social services office
- Goodwill, Salvation Army
- Drug and alcohol rehabilitation centers
- Truck Stops
- RV parks
- Boat launches
- Bait shops
- Nature reservations
- Public restrooms
- TAKE FLYERS ON VACATION WITH YOU
- Anywhere you may be traveling, across the state, country, or world
- Send flyers to friends and family overseas
- Along the coastal areas
- State border areas
- Rest areas and visitors centers
- Souvenir Shops
- Local and national parks
- Amusement parks
How to Post Flyers
- Use duct tape to tape flyers to walls and utility poles
- Use zip ties (electrical ties) to attach flyers to street signs. (Do not cover signs! Just attach them to the pole.)
Supplies for Posting Flyers
Many of these supplies are available at volunteer headquarters, but you can also find them at any office supply store and home improvement stores.
- Printer paper and ink for printing flyers (or print some at a copy shop or pick some up at volunteer headquarters)
- Card stock (Insert a sheet in the page protector behind the flyer to add stability)
- Sheet protectors
- Duct tape
- Hole punch
- Zip ties (electrical ties) 8″ or 11″
- Staple gun and staples
- Sharpies (for correcting any old posters with the wrong tip line number or reward information)
To download and print one of these flyers, right click on the image and save to your computer.
Download, print and cut these business card size flyers to keep in your purse or pocket. Leave them everywhere you go!